November 22, 2012

Jambalaya Recipe by Yours Truly


Recently, my Step Mom just gave us a TON of food that came from her mama's store... Most of it was pasta. I have way more than I know what to do with so I'll probably donate some to a food drive. That definitely seems like the best bet, in my opinion.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out what to do with the pasta, turkey sausage & chicken that was in my fridge and I decided to make a Jambalaya.

It ended up turning out absolutely delicious & folks-this was my very own recipe!

My one complaint was that I don't think I'm the biggest fan of turkey sausage so I probably won't use that again.. However, John LOVED it which is interesting because he was originally the one who was against using the turkey sausage in the first place.. weird.

What you'll need:


  • Cooked Pasta (any kind you want)
  • 3 Turkey or Italian Sausages, diced & crumbled (will crumble more in frying pan)
  • 1 Chicken Breast, diced
  • Tomato Paste, 2 Tbs
  • 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
  • Chicken Broth, 1 1/2 Cans
  • Sweet Bell Peppers (I used 1 Red & 1 Orange), diced
  • 1/2 Red Onion, diced
  • Celery, 2 sprigs, diced
  • 2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced.
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste
  • 1 1/2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
  • 2-3 Tbs of Ancho Chili Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 1/2 tbs Basil
  • 1 1/2 tbs Oregeno
  • 1 tbs Parsley
  • 1 Bay Leaf
  • Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 2 Tbs Olive Oil (separated)
What To Do: 

  1. Heat up your olive oil in a large frying pan. While the oil is heating, season your chicken & sausages.
  2. Once pan is hot, add in your meat & onions. Cook until the meat is cooked through & sausages are crumbled. Set aside.
  3. Using a deep pan or a dutch oven, add in 1 tbs of olive oil. Once heated, add in your peppers, celery & garlic. Saute & Add in your diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir.
  4. Slowly, add in your chicken broth, mixing in between pours.
  5. Next, add in your Italian Seasoning, Chili Powder, Cayenne, Basil, Oregeno, Parsley & Bay Leaf. 
  6. Add in your chicken, sausage & onions to the sauce mix.
  7. Stir all together until sauce is thick and everything seems nice & coated (about 5-7 minutes).
  8. Pour sauce over pasta, mix together & enjoy. 


No comments: